Makeup has been used for centuries to enhance the the appearance of a person, specifically the face. Nowadays, they are used by men and women from all around the globe. What are the most common types of makeup? Well, there's the foundation primer, foundation, blush, bronzer, lipstick, lip liner, lip gloss, mascara, eyeshadow and eyeliner. Of course, there are still many others, aside from the aforementioned. The main use of makeup is to change or enhance the appearance of one specific area in the face, without the worries that it may affect their features.
Types of basic/common makeup.
- Foundation Primer - This is used to prepare the face for the foundation. It can be applied to the face before the application of the foundation to get a smoother finish.
- Foundation - This is used to even out the skin tone and to smooth out the face. It usually comes in liquid, cream and powder forms.
- Blush - This is a must-have. This gives the cheeks a rosy glow and is used to define the cheekbones.
- Bronzer - This is used to give the skin a tan, golden or bronze glow.
- Lipstick - (Lip gloss, Lip liner, Lip plumper, Lip balm) These are used to define the lips and of course, to add color and shine.
- Mascara - This is used to thicken, lengthen and darken the eyelashes. It is available mostly in brown and black colors.
- Eyeshadow - (Eye liner, Eye Shimmer) These are used to color, define and emphasize the eyes, giving them a more appealing appearance.
To be honest, I'm not really into makeup. Yes, I love them. Who doesn't? Hehe.. But I'm not really a "kikay" kinda girl. I only use some serious makeup during special occasions. I do like to dress up and look good whenever I go to some social gatherings and parties.. You can't attend a party, looking like you just got out of bed, right? So yeah, makeup is important. Hihi.
Oh. You may notice that I don't have any expensive makeup like MAC, Stila, Shu Eumura, Chanel, Bobbi Brown or the likes. I believe that beautiful makeup doesn't have to be expensive. If one uses the right kind of tools and the right kind of colors, then she could definitely have that flawless and healthy look.
The best makeup looks are the ones that don't look overdone. Simple everyday look. And it's a shallow world we're living in. It's a sad truth. People tend to judge you, based on how you look. So one should really look nice and well groomed when stepping outside to greet the world, "Good morning!".