What do you usually notice when you watch movies?
Haha! A lot! I like watching movies... maybe it be inside a movie theater or on my laptop.
I'm not a movie critic. But I'd have to admit that when watching movies, I can be. I prefer watching movies alone so I could concentrate more on the movie. I'd be sitting on a couch for hours, and when I see something flawed, I'd go.. "That's not realistic at all!". Hihi. Yeah, I enjoy looking for goofs. Some movies have scenes which are soooooo predictable.
Uhm, I'd like to share a joke.. Two best friends, Juan and Pedro, went to a mall and decided to watch a movie. They bought some tickets and went inside the theater. They found two comfortable seats at the back. The lights dimmed. The movie previews came out.
Pedro: Hey Juan, I've already seen those movies.
Juan: No, you haven't. They're just previews.
Pedro: No, I've already seen those movies, Juan. Honest.
Juan: No, you haven't. Now shut up. The movie's about to start.
Pedro went silent. After about 2minutes, Juan got up and said..
Juan: Come on, we're going out."
Pedro: Why ?
Juan : You saw the golden 20th century fox tower with searchlights, right?
Pedro: Yes? So?
Juan: Trust me. We've already seen that movie a couple of times. This is a complete waste of money.
Aww ..... you didn't laugh? Missed the punchline? Damn! My bad.. sorry. I'm not really good at making jokes. (Now, why did I ever share it in the first place? Tehehe!) Ang corny ko!!!!
Anyway, going back. As I've said, some movies can be so predictable that you could almost tell the entire story, based on the title. Almost. Well, there are a lot of things that only happens in movies.. especially in action movies. Got this idea from Ishashime's blog.. For example...
- Leading ladies are always smokin' hot. The main protagonists always have beautiful ladies by their side, and villains always have sexy women to do their bidding. Yeah, only in the movies. Hehe.
- Leading men are always gorgeous. Like the number 1, the good guys are always good looking.. like, Matt Damon. Yummy! Ehem.. excuse me. I'd just have to wipe the drool off my face. Hihi.
- The police/back-ups are always the last ones to arrive. The main protagonist calls for back-up but it would take years for them to arrive. Minutes after the main villain is dead or in chains, THEN you'd hear the sirens.
- The good guys always lives. He would get shot in the shoulder, get a cut in the arm, have his leg broken... he could be having excruciating pain, but will still be able to kill the bad guys. He'd just end up in the hospital, broken and bruised but he'll survive.. Bottomline, he's alive and kicking.
- The good guy never misses. Like, he's running away from the enemies, the bad guys shoots at him, gunfire all around. But they would all miss. And then, the main protagonists would come out of hiding, fires a single shot and baam, kills a bad guy. Another shot, another bad guy dead. Cool, right? So unrealistic but so cool! It would be fun to have sniper vision, eh?
- They always blow up old cars, most especially in Pinoy movies. You could seldom see a Ferrari or a Lamborghini explode in movies.. unless it's a Bond film.
- In action comedies, when the villain had the good guy tied up or caged inside a small room, he would always tell him his evil plans. Oh, and it is always followed by an evil laugh. Which I find really stupid. I mean, why risk? The good guy will always have the chance to break free. If I'm a bad guy, I won't tell him anything and just shoot him in the head. That way, no one would be able to spoil my plans. Bwahahaha!! Ehem.. *cough.
- When some important character gets shot and he's about to die, he'd always say something important before passing on. Maybe his last message for a loved one? Maybe his last wish? or maybe, with his last breath, he'd reveal the location of Atlantis. Tehehe.
That's all I can think of, as of the moment. Maybe I'd add some more later.. :) What about you? What are the things that you usually notice in movies?