Happy New Year!
Wow. Time really does fly fast, doesn't it? I mean, just the other night, I was dining with my parents and having jolly conversations over dinner, and then VIOLA! It's 2012! I loved how we welcomed the new year as it came into our home.. full of laughter and love. All smiles, BIG smiles. Start the year right! Oh yeah.
And back to blogging. So how's everybody? Great, I hope. I'm pretty sure you all have your Christmas and New Year stories lined up to be shared. My reader is so full of updates about 'em.. Oh, and those New Year's Resolutions, too. I wasn't sure if I wanna share mine.. But since everybody is doing it, I might as well do it. Hihi.. Here I am, jumping on the bandwagon.
Here's my list last year.
- The first on my list. Learn to relax and try to let go of things. I always try to rationalize things. Why this? Why that? Always looking for answers. I tend to think too much. Maybe I should try letting loose, for a change. You know, like understanding the idea that things happen because they're bound to happen. I've got to learn to let things go. Relax. Chill.
- Second. Learn to stop making excuses and love your work. I am very "tamad". It basically means, I need proper motivation to do something. And by "proper", I mean enough bribe and benefits. Maybe I should start doing things, not just because of what I can gain from doing it, but because I simply have to and should do it. Don't get me wrong.. It is only correct that I do something because there's so much in store for me.. a pot full of gold at the end of the rainbow. But just doing something because I have to and then LOVING it, I can see that it offers greater satisfaction. Bottomline, stop being materialistic and "tamad".
- Third. Learn discipline. I keep failing at this. But I'll try to do better. 'Nuff said.
- Fourth. Slim down. This goes hand in hand with the third. I simply can't control myself when it comes to food. I love food. Who doesn't, right? I really find it very difficult to say NO whenever I see some mouth-watering dish on the table. Maybe I should start wearing a red ribbon on my right pinkie, just to remind myself not to eat too much. LOL. Or better yet, maybe I should slap myself everytime an urge to eat strikes. Hehe. That would surely work. Nah, I think the best way is just to learn focus and discipline. Easier said than done.. But hey, it's worth a shot.
- Fifth. Save more. I admit, I'm not thrifty. Wait.. I am very kuripot.. but when it comes to personal pleasure and benefits, I tend to splurge. All out. Yep, it's perfectly okay to treat yourself once a month. Problem is, I do that every week. LOL. Pfft.. I know. I'm not getting any younger. I have to save more dough. More money on my bank account. Check.
- Sixth. Get married? Nah.. I'm not really sure if I wanna get married this year. Why? 'Coz I don't have a boyfriend. Haha! I'm single, as of the moment. And boy, am I glad that the last relationship has finally ended. It was a losing battle. That boy who I called my boyfriend for 10 years was cheating on me, sleeping with another woman. What hurt the most was that he lied to me. He made a fool out of me. I didn't know.. until the last minute. And he should have told me the truth. Instead, he hid behind a thick wall of lies. Still, I'd like to think that it is a blessing in disguise. Life's way better without him. And I say that with all civility.
- Seventh. Travel more. I'd really like to travel more. 2010 gave me an all-time low opportunity to travel. The place I've traveled to, farthest away from home was Antique.. and it's only 50-60 kilometers away. So hopefully, this year.. I could go out and travel more. If fate allows, maybe I could go to Manila this January. I also have plans of going to Bacolod and Davao. Plans, but I hope they'd come in contact with "becoming real" and "coming true". I guess this one goes hand in hand with my number 5. If I can save more, maybe I can travel a lot more. Seems possible, right?
- Eight. Write honest posts and gain more blog acquaintances. Some bloggers write to impress. And I admit, in the past year, I did write to impress. But then, after a few months of blogging, I felt like there's no use making an incredible posts, whilst no one will be able to understand. Some of my posts have been purely superficial and shallow. My readers didn't feel me, and it's kinda frustrating. Also, I've noticed that some bloggers, they tend to form groups. And it's quite hard to join one. It's like being back in high school, you don't know where you'd fit in. You'd try to join clubs and groups, in order to feel some sort of security or whatever. The only way to be IN is to fit in. Now, I'm realizing that I really don't need to join groups to have readers. Of course, that's a big plus. But as long as I write honest posts, readers could totally relate to what I'm saying/writing about and they'd totally want to go back for more. That's why I want to explore the blog world more. I won't limit myself to just a limited number of readers. I honestly want to have readers who are residing, halfway across the globe from me. There are thousands, maybe millions of bloggers all around the world. And I'm quite sure that there is someone out there, who'd notice me, and understand or relate to my posts on a personal level. So maybe, I should learn to write from the heart more and gain friends, in return.
This is my list. Short. Simple.
Stop being lazy.
Save more money.
There. I still have lots on my list, but I'd like to keep them to myself.
2011. It was the year of realization, reflection, acceptance, forgiveness and love. It truly was a great year. And I know 2012 will fare better.☺
Happy new year, everybody!