My Blogger account uses my Yahoo ID as its log in email. My Google+ account has Gmail as my log in email. Every time I have a new blog update, I'd sign out of Blogger (Eventhough I've already allowed the multiple sign-in feature on Google, it's simply not allowing me and I don't know what is wrong) and log in on Google+ and share my post there. With my slow internet connection, this is a hassle for me.
I don't know if there's an application which allows published posts on Blogger to automatically be shared on G+. If there is, I don't know about it yet.. obviously.
So I searched the net for some solution. I found a very useful video tutorial about adding a blog author/changing a blog administrator, ergo changing the blog's primary email.
|This is my Blogger dashboard, using my old email ID (Yahoo).|
I have no blogs listed here because I've transferred my admin privileges to my Blogger profile using my new email ID.. as you can see at the picture below.
|This is my Blogger dashboard, using my new email ID (Gmail).|
Here's what I did.
- Signed in on Blogger.
- Went to Settings.
- On the Permissions, I clicked Add Authors.
- Entered my new e-mail address. (An activation link was sent to my new email address. With my blogger profile already activated in Google+, everything's set.)
- Clicked that. I was redirected to Blogger.
- Once authentication was successful, I logged-out of Blogger.
- Again, I logged in with my old email ID, went to Settings, then Permissions and granted admin privileges to my new email ID.
- After that, I logged in with my new email ID and removed my old-email ID.
This is an indirect way of changing the Blogger's primary email, since its main objective is to add or remove authors/administrators.
So there.. I finally changed my log in email from Yahoo mail to Gmail. With only one log in email, I was able to open my G+ account, without having to log out of my Blogger account. Yay me! ☺