Why do you blog?
If someone had asked me this question 7months ago (I started blogging August, 2010), then my answer would probably be these... "I blog because I'm bored. I blog because I have too much time in my hands. I blog because I have nothing better to do."
I am not a professional blogger. I don't do techie stuff or do travel journals. I don't do photography blogs. This is my personal online journal. I'm quite sure that the thoughts I've shared have not been used to solve a techie problem, nor the pictures I took used to promote a landmark or destination.
I think, I'd like to prefer using the word "write" rather than "blog". I don't know if I can call myself a blogger. I have a blog.. though I'm not sure if I am one. I just know that I can write. And I write about my experiences. I write about my thoughts and ideas. I write about the complexities of my life. Basically.. I write about me.
Now why do I write? You really want the dirty? Here it is.
- I write because I want somebody to read my posts.
- I write because I want somebody to read my posts and then, be able to inspire them.
- I write because I feel good when someone reads my posts and says "I understand you.".
- I write because I feel good when someone reads my posts and comments "I feel you.".
- I write because I know that that certain someone who have read and commented on my posts, have known what I know and have felt what I feel.
- I write because through this, I know that I'm not alone.
- I write because I wanna share a piece of me to everyone.
- I write because I wanna share those little moments of magic only I have witnessed.
- I write because I wanna share my thoughts because writing frees my spirit.
- I write because I wanna share my ideas and I know that someone's out there, listening, reading.
- I write because it's my creative outlet.
- I write because it enables me to connect with other people.
- I write because I can say "Fuck you!" and nobody would bother reprimanding me.
- I write because I can rant and everyone wouldn't care.
- I write because through this, I can freely express myself.
- I write because I want to.
You may agree with what I've written. You may not. I totally respect that.
I write because it's therapy. Aside from being a thought process, it makes me feel good. I write because with every piece of me that I share with the world, I get to know myself a little bit better. I write because I like doing it. I write because I simply want to. I write to share my heart and feed my soul. I write to remember. - LEAH
What about you? Why do you blog/write and what do you expect from blogging? What do you hope to gain from blogging?