"Share your insights about your pet peeves."
What is a pet peeve? I asked Wikipedia and here's what it has to say.
A pet peeve (or pet hate) is a minor annoyance that an individual identifies as particularly annoying to him or her, to a greater degree than others may find it. Pet peeves often involve specific behaviors of someone close, such as a spouse or significant other. These behaviors may involve disrespect, manners, personal hygiene, relationships, and family issues. A key aspect of a pet peeve is that it may well seem acceptable to others.
There. So basically, a pet peeve is something that you really find very annoying, though to some people, it ain't really that annoying. These are the things that people unknowingly do to you or to other people (habit or on purpose), but they really do bother you. Anyway, here is my list.
- Wearing sunglasses at night - I know that to some people, it's a fashion statement but come on, what's the reason for wearing sunglasses at night? Where's the sun, dude?
- Playing with the plate, spoon, fork, etc - What are you, six? Those utensils are on the table for the food. They're not for playing! If you wanna play, get a ball and go play outside!
- Talking very loud in a cellphone - It's okay to accept a call whenever you're out in public. That's what the phone is for, anyway.. so that you can take it with you. However, when receiving a call, keep your voice down, will you? People don't have to know about your business.
- Talking with the mouth full - Jeez! It's not proper to talk when your mouth is full. Didn't your mother tell you that???
- Snooping around my stuff - I don't want anybody going around the my stuff. I don't want nobody TOUCHING my stuff. It's mine!
- Drivers who drive too fast - Mr. Driver, I don't want to be a victim of a car accident, so could you please drive a little slower? As a passenger, my life is in your hands, you know...
- Touching my laptop screen - Sometimes, when watching a movie or reading a document, people would point at something in my screen, touching it with greasy fingers. I hate that. I don't want fingerprints on Red Gee, other than mine.
- Not covering the mouth while sneezing/coughing - This is just plain rude. I don't want to catch your germs.
- Talking loudly during a movie - I am trying to watch a movie and you go blah blah blah! How can I understand the movie when all I can hear is your loud continuous ramblings? This is one of the reasons why I prefer to watch a movie ALONE.
- Staring - I hate it when people stare. What, do I have dirt on my face? Can't you just walk over to me and tell me that I have dirt on my face, rather than stare at me, like forever???
- Turning the room light on and leaving it on - With the electricity rate rocketing sky-high, I am doing my darnedest to save electricity. And can't you do your share? What, you don't know how to turn off a room light? Oooh, so maybe you're too short to reach the switch?
- Saying "I told you so" - I hate it when people do that. I mean, I'm feeling bad because of a mistake I did, and then there you go, saying "I told you so"... Can't you just shut up, please?
- Letting the pets lick the dishes - I have pets.. but letting your pets lick the dishes clean after a meal? That's just gross!! Dude, feed them using their doggie bowl!
- Changing the channel - Don't you just hate it when you're watching TV, and then someone would change the channel every second? Annoying channel changer, get one channel and stick to it, okay!
- Coming to my house unannounced - Coming to visit me is totally fine. But could you please let me know when you're coming? I don't like being ambushed!
- Not listening to me - I hate it when I talk and no one listens.
- Chewing gum loudly - Arg. You sound like a pig.
- Burping without covering your mouth - Where are your manners???
- Litterbugs - It's a sad and annoying truth, some people just doesn't care.
- Chain mails - If I don't pass this, something's going to happen? oohhh... Scary. Duh!
- Text mates - Texting someone I don't know is a complete waste of time and money.
- Unflushed toilets - No explanation needed.
There are still a lot that I wanna share, I could go on.. but I'm stopping now. I think this list is enough for today. I'm sure all of you have a few of your own. What are the things that bother you the most? What are your pet peeves?